Liker is a plugin for collecting ratings of WordPress posts and pages. The plugin allows you to quickly and accurately gather information about the usefulness of your articles.
Installing the Revealer WordPress Plugin
To install the plugin, read the article Installing WordPress Plugin. Installing the plugin takes only a few seconds.
To open the plugin settings slick Settings below plugin name on the plugins page
or in the WordPress Sidebar menu go to Liker
In the plugin settings, there are several tabs responsible for various groups of plugin settings.
Position selector sets wherein the Liker will be displayed. You can choose one option:
- Before title
- After title
- Before content
- After content (Default)
- Shortcode [liker]
The setting sets the type of rating that will be used on the site. A different number of buttons can be useful for different tasks and different sites. You can choose between:
- Three buttons ( +1 point / 0 points / -1 point )
- Two buttons ( +1 point / -1point )
- One button ( +1 point )
Also in this settings section, you can specify the text for each button. Both plain text and emoji can be used for the button’s caption.
In this group of settings, you can set the caption for each of the buttons individually. You can use text, special characters or emoji.
The Liker WordPress Plugin has 12 predefined styles and the 13th setting that includes the default styles of the theme you are using. You can choose one of:
- Round | Transparent in a normal state -> Transparent background and border on active state
- Round | Transparent in a normal state -> Color background on active state
- Round | Border in a normal state -> Color background on active state
- Round | FIll in a normal state -> Invert background and text colors on active state
- Rounded | Transparent in a normal state -> Transparent background and border on active state
- Rounded | Transparent in a normal state -> Color background on active state
- Rounded | Border in a normal state -> Color background on active state
- Rounded | FIll in a normal state -> Invert background and text colors on active state
- Rectangle | Transparent in a normal state -> Transparent background and border on active state
- Rectangle | Transparent in a normal state -> Color background on active state
- Rectangle | Border in a normal state -> Color background on active state
- Rectangle | FIll in a normal state -> Invert background and text colors on active state
Button(s) caption color
This setting is necessary to set the button text color
Button(s) background color
This setting is necessary to set the buttons background-color
Please note that the Text color and Background color can swap with some style settings, as well as in the active button state.
The layout setting is needed to control the position of the Liker WordPress Plugin button block relative to the container. And also to establish the arrangement of the button block relative to the description block.
This is the section of the standard WordPress editor where you can write description text. The description is very important that your users know what to do.
Results on front-end
This setting allows/deny the display of results on the front end. The results display inside the rating buttons.
Results in the admin area
This parameter defines the format for displaying the results in the admin panel. You can choose between:
- +1 | 0 | -1
Results will be displayed in the posts/pages list.
This parameter sets the limit of votes from one IP address. You can select any number in the range from 1 to 10
This setting adds schema markup to the page HTML code. Schema markup allows you to display page rating data in Google search results.
Your data will be converted to a 5-star rating system regardless of what type of rating you choose in the plugin settings.
The option allows you to enable the schema markup by default or add the Advanced Schema Markup using the JSON+LD structure.
Add a markup structure depending on the data types you want to use. Read more about it and find examples in the article https://developers.google.com/search/reference/overview
Once you finish setting up the markup, you can check it for correctness using the tool https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool
Reset all data and cookies
The data reset button resets all rating data for all posts. Use this button after the site debugging is completed to reset the debug rating data to 0.
Do not forget to click Save Changes after changing plugin settings. After clicking this button, the settings will be saved and applied to all pages of the website.
Fast and reliable hosting is significant for any WordPress site. We recommend all our customers use SiteGround WordPress Hosting. Many unique settings and features make this hosting the number 1 for WordPress: Free Website Transfer, Staging Tools, Free SSL, CDN, and much more for 3.95/mo.