Before starting, please make sure that you have created the Facebook page for displaying followers where you set as Admin.
1) Go to developers.facebook.com and click on Log In in the top right. Log in using your personal Facebook account.
Note: You must use the username and password from your personal Facebook profile. Facebook doesn’t allow businesses to register as developers, only individuals.
2) If this is your first time signing in to the Facebook Developer portal then click on Get Started. If you’re already registered then you can skip ahead to step 5.
3) Click Next.
4) Pick choose what is more suitable for you, it is not important for the next steps.
5) Select Create First App.
6) In the Create an App ID window, select Manage Business Integrations.
7) Enter your app Display Name – this can be anything you want. Enter an email address, select Yourself or your own business and click Create App ID
8) Complete the Security Check and click Submit to complete the app setup.
Important: Leave the app in Development mode. Do not make it Live.
Note: Now that your app is set up, you do not need to go through Business Verification. This is only required for live public-facing apps, not for apps which are just used for internal use and left in development mode.
Getting a Page Access Token
9) Important: Make sure your app is in “Development mode” and not Live. Then, go to the Settings > Basic to get your app information.
10) Navigate to Facebook Graph API Explorer, to generate a short-lived access token. Select the same app you set up in step 7 from the Facebook App drop-down list show below:
11) Click Generate Access Token.
12) Click Continue as Your name in the popup modal.
13) In the Permissions section copy and paste pages_read_user_content to add it as permission to your app.
14) Click Generate Access Token again.
15) Click Continue as Your name in the popup modal again.
16) Select ONE Facebook page that you want to display events from and click Next.
Important: Do not select multiple pages from the list.
Please note: You must be an admin on the Facebook page you want to display events from otherwise no events will be displayed.
17) Click Done. Note: You can ignore the message which says Submit for Login Review. The app will stay in development mode and so doesn’t need to be submitted for review.
18) Click on Access Token Info and Open in Access Token Tool
19) This will navigate you to Access Token Debugger, where you will see the full information for the short-lived user access token.
Note that short-lived user access token expires after an hour.
20) To extend the expiry date, Click on Extend Access Token at the bottom of the page and you will get the long-lived access token.
21) Copy this new long-lived access token to use in the plugin.
22) Go to Foller>Network>Facebook and paste the copied token to the Facebook Access Token field.