DeBlocker is a powerful tool and money-saving plugin for websites created by WordPress. The goal of this Plugin is to ask a website visitor to disable browser extensions that block ads.
This manual was created for plugins version 2.0.0 and higher. If you use plugins of an older version, use the DeBlocker settings manual for versions 1.0.^.
Installing of the DeBlocker 2.0 WordPress Plugin
To install the plugin, read the article Installing WordPress Plugin. Installing the plugin takes only a few seconds.
To open the plugin settings click Settings below plugin name on the plugins page.
or the plugin settings in the WordPress Sidebar menu go to DeBlocker
In the plugin settings, there are several tabs responsible for various groups of plugin settings.
You can select one of the available algorithms that will affect the way of plugin operation. Please read more about them and choose the one that suits you best.
- Inline – This algorithm is selected by default since it has been improved since version 3.1.0. This way involves adding inline scripts to the page. It works well for everyone, but only for now. There is a possibility that over time it may also be blocked by other extensions.
- Random Folder – It creates a plugin folder with the necessary files. When this setting is selected, the Lifetime option appears that allow to specify the lifetime of the folder created by the plugin. The main condition is that this folder must be writable. You can make sure that everything is configured correctly in the plugin settings DeBlocker>Status. If the folder is not writable, please disable all third-party plugins for security.
- Script Proxy – this method involves interacting with site scripts that can slow down the site. Besides, use caching can negatively affect the operation of the plugin.
There is six display locking windows:
- Compact: Upper Right Corner
- Compact: Upper Left Corner
- Compact: Bottom Right Corner
- Compact: Bottom Left Corner
- Full Screen
Title blocker window. This line supports automatic translation to other languages.
You can format the text using the tiny editor, as well as add an image. Text entered in this field will also be localized to other languages.
This setting controls the color and transparency of the overlay in Compact mode.
With this setting, you can set the background of the modal window.
Text color and icons of closure (if used) inside the modal window
Close Button Color
Specify the color and opacity for the cross for the window closing using the color picker.
Is it possible to close?
This setting adds/removes the cross to close the modal window.
If checked, the visitor can close the window blocking the content of the page, and if not then the content will be prevented until the user disables all Ad Block extensions.
Blurs page content in such a way that it cannot be read or copied.
Sets the delay before the modal window is displayed. Accepts a value in seconds.
The toggle to enable/disable the redirect feature from the site instead of the block window.
Do not forget to click Save Changes after changing plugin settings. After clicking this button, the settings will be saved and applied to all pages of the website.
Hosting for DeBlocker 2.0 WordPress Plugin
Fast and reliable hosting is significant for any WordPress site. We recommend all our customers use SiteGround WordPress Hosting. Many unique settings and features make this hosting the number 1 for WordPress: Free Website Transfer, Staging Tools, Free SSL, CDN, and much more for 3.95/mo.